Davis Reading programme for Young Learners℠
Who is this Programme suitable for?
The Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners is suitable for children aged approximately 5 - 8 years, who are experiencing difficulties in learning to read. It is a preventative approach and aims to give picture thinkers the best possible start to learning.
It may be that your child would benefit from a full dyslexia programme at a later date but this programme helps to avoid a lot of the later problems visual thinkers can experience.
What results will I see after completing this
After completing the Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners with Remarkable Minds many of the following benefits and skills are usually experienced:
• Confidence with an easy and practical technique to establish attention, focus
and control energy levels.
• Certainty and confidence with letters and the alphabet (upper and lower case).
• Mastery of those basic, high frequency non-picture words (which mostly make
up the essential word lists).
• Introduction and understanding of punctuation marks.
• Establishing of left-to-right eye tracking, which makes reading/learning to read
• Introduction of reading methods that increase comprehension.
What does this Programme consist of?
The Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners includes:
• A minimum of 30 hours of facilitation spread over 10 mornings (2-3 hours per
day, with a parent present at least 50% of the time).
• Personalised attention given to client’s learning needs and goals.
• Extensive parent support training for continuation at home.
• All materials required for the programme and for home-based follow-up work.
• 5 post-programme sessions with the facilitator.
• Continued email and phone consultation with the facilitator, as required.