Davis Maths Mastery℠ Programme
Who is this programme suitable for?
The Davis Maths Mastery Programme is appropriate for anyone aged 8 years and above who have dyscalculia. They may be having difficulties in any of the following areas:
• Reversing of numerals (e.g. 36 written as 63)
• Maths functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, e.g. 5 + 2
being read as 5 x 2)
• Problems with estimating or counting in money (how much change,
• Learning and remembering times tables
• Understanding numbers, numerals and counting
• Difficulty telling the time, or using a calendar
• Poor time management and keeping track of time
• Problems understanding place value
• Problems understanding decimals and fractions
• Comprehension with word problems
• Sequencing and logic
• Understanding quantities, measurements and estimations
What results will I see after completing this Programme?
After completing the Davis Maths Mastery Programme with Remarkable Minds, many of the following benefits and skills are usually experienced:
• A good understanding of numbers, counting and place value.
• The knowledge and ability to recognise disorientations.
• The skill and ability to eliminate confusions in numbers, words and symbols.
• Improved ability in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• An effective method for learning times tables.
• The skill to be able to focus effectively.
• Better understanding of sequence & logic (the foundations of lots of maths).
• Ability to tell the time and use a calendar with certainty.
• Better able to estimate the passage of time.
• Increased self confidence.
• Better co-ordination and balance.
• Tools for stress management and reduction of anxiety.
What does this Programme consist of?
A Davis Dyslexia Maths Mastery Programme consists of:
• 5–8 days of one-on-one facilitation.
• Personalised attention given to client’s learning needs and goals.
• All materials required for the Programme and for home-based follow-up work.
• Training for a family member (or friend) for home support.
• 5 post-programme sessions with the facilitator.
• Continued email and phone consultation with the facilitator, as required.