Who is this programme for?
The Davis Concepts for Life℠ Programme is for anyone who wants to create meaningful change in their life by exploring and mastering the mechanics that make up motivation and self-responsibility.
The programme is suitable for anyone! Adults, or children aged 8 and above. We have an adapted version for children younger than 8 - Davis Concepts for Life℠ Early Years
Individuals who experience challenges with executive functioning skills, stress, anxiety, reduced focus, self-regulation, and behaviour management, will find this program particularly beneficial.
People who struggle with forming and maintaining positive relationships can also benefit from this program.
Who Would Benefit from a Davis Concepts for Life Programme?
- any individual who is open to self-development and wants to create meaningful change in their life by exploring and mastering the mechanics that make up motivation and self-responsibility.
- individuals who experience challenges with executive functioning skills, stress, anxiety, reduced focus, self-regulation and behaviour management, will find this programme particularly beneficial.
- people who struggle with forming and maintaining relationships can also benefit from this programme.
What is involved in a Davis Concepts for Life Program?
What are the options for accessing this program?
Every individual has unique needs, which is why we have developed a variety of options to choose from, so the program can be tailored to best suit each individual.
The programme will be carried out over a minimum of 30 hours
Self-regulation strategies and tools: These equip the person with a set of self-regulation strategies that can be easily learned and applied.
Davis Life Concepts: This component of the program instils missing life concepts by using the multisensory medium of clay to model core concepts and capabilities, including:
The most effective way to consolidate this learning is through experience. After each concept is created in the clay, the participant explores the concept in the real world alongside their Davis Facilitator or support person. The aim is to have many varied experiences of how the concept exists in the individual’s day-to-day surroundings.
These experiences are essential, as they enable the participant to integrate the concept into their own identity and establish an internal ‘filing system’ that provides the foundations for future thinking and behavior.
Physically interacting with these concepts in the environment facilitates a deeper understanding of these life’s lessons. It also enables the participant to transfer their understanding across situations within their daily life, which develops their executive functioning skills.
Implementing meaningful change: This stage of the Davis Concepts for Life Program focuses on helping the individual to apply the concepts in their life to create meaningful change. The desired changes will depend on each person’s specific needs, capacity and situation.
- Establishing order in the physical environment
- Learning how to use the concepts to establish order, determine order, and create and maintain order.
- Creating new behaviors
- Exploring behaviors that have had negative consequences and using the learned concepts to create more positive outcomes and strategies.
- Developing self-responsibility
- Identifying which life concepts may have been missing or only partially integrated in the person’s life, and learning a strategy to foster self-responsibility by applying these newly mastered concepts in real-world situations.
- Strengthening executive functioning skills
- Developing and integrating the core concepts to improve self-regulation skills.
- Improving social integration
- Exploring concepts that create foundations for positive, healthy relationships and behaviors with others.
Why not try our holistic, caring, effective, hands-on approach that gets amazing results.
All our programmes are available online or in person. Get in touch with us to talk about the best option for you.Contact Us
Davis™, Davis Autism Approach®, Davis™ Stepping Stones, and Davis Concepts for Life ℠ are trademarks of Ronald D. Davis. Commercial use of these trademarks to identify educational, instructional, or therapeutic services requires licensing by the trademark owner Ron Davis Autism Foundation.